In her fab blog, my friend Lynsey White explains how she uses gratitude lists to help her stay positive – actively searching for three things each day that she feels thankful for.
So, taking a leaf out of Lynsey’s book, I’ve collected my thoughts and put together a list of things I’m grateful for that will sustain me into 2015 and beyond.
To get me in the mood for writing this list I’ve taken inspiration from the cosy cheer offered by Lynsey’s daughter Lucy Lou White in her very own vlog series.
And, with a nod to punk legend Ian Dury, I’m dubbing these my ‘reasons to be cheerful’.
25 reasons to be cheerful in 2015
- My loving family
- Fantastic friends – old and new
- Brilliant and talented colleagues
- Work I truly believe in
- My wonderful mentees
- Wearing beautiful, colourful clothes
- Birthdays / any other reasons to celebrate
- Cooking delicious and healthy food
- Trying out new places to eat
- Pokusevski’s deli – my second home
- Developing compassion for everyone
- A wonderful yoga holiday in Spain (hopefully another in 2015)
- Rocking circuits on a Sunday morning
- A strong immune system (touching wood)
- Great arts scene in Salford and Manchester
- Mindfulness exercises
- Northern soul dancing
- Relaxing and remembering to laugh
- 90s dance classics with Robin on Saturday
- Being a part of Manchester Girl Geeks
- Becoming a Google City Expert
- Lovely neighbours
- A beautiful, light and airy apartment
- Knowing my cat Cosmo lived a happy life